I am. . .
- putting together albums of covers that I recorded for the podcast last year. Resistance Songs for the Struggling Artist and Love Songs for the Struggling Artist are now both available on Spotify, ReverbNation and on iTunes as well. Two more albums are forthcoming.
- editing my novel for young people. The young person I’m reading it to has declared that it is better than Harry Potter so I’m feeling pretty good about it so far
- doing rewrites on the two plays we were able to read as part of our Space Grant at Flushing Town Hall, Medusa Slain by Perseus and Public Women (or The Apotheosis of Victoria Woodhull)
- writing grants for my theatre company
- blogging about the arts, feminism and struggle and podcasting the blog (Songs for the Struggling Artist – find it on iTunes)
- organizing my improvised Shakespeare mask performances to schools
- working with an amazing group of students at The International School at LaGuardia Community College on their performances of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Watching young recent immigrants from around the world enthusiastically embracing Shakespeare is about as good as it gets.
- writing a book on Teaching Shakespeare
- blogging about Shakespeare
- writing in response to Hamlet
- tweeting the #resistance